Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Birthday Girl

Miss Kendall is 4 today! She woke up a bit sad because she was confused about being 4 but not having her party TODAY on her actual birthday. She soon snapped out of it when I reminded her that donuts awaited her in the kitchen (by special birthday request and a rare treat at our house).



After dropping Hayden off at school we tagged along with a friend to MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) to see if we should join. I haven't decided yet. Kendall really enjoyed playing with the other kids and thought this was a special event just for her birthday. She has always made friends easily and is really looking forward to her first "friends" party in a few days.

Some other interesting tidbits about Kendall:

Kendall can entertain herself writing letters for hours. She has been doing this for many months and has the alphabet down pat. She can also write her name perfectly and the other day I found a note she wrote that said, "Hi Mom"

She loves playing on the computer, especially Dora the Explorer games.

Kendall is a girly-girl. She loves to wear pink (her favorite color), twirly dresses. It is hard to get her to wear one of her other dresses on Sundays. He latest craze for weekday wear is skirts. Kendall always wants her nails painted (hot pink, of course) and usually won't leave the house without some piece of jewelry. She especially loves going through her mom's jewelry box.
She loves her brother and still doesn't understand why she can't marry him when she is older. She was also disappointed when she found out her dad wasn't an option either.

She is exceptionally skilled at playing Wii games, especially Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Batman legos. I think she could use a girl game!

Her favorite food is salad (it's true!) but pizza is a close second.

Kendall is fiercely independent. The other day we bought her a new pack of underwear. I put them in the laundry room and explained that they needed to be washed before wearing. Later that day I got in the shower so I wasn't watching her every move. Meanwhile, Tadj came home from work to see Kendall standing in front of the washing machine pushing the button to turn it on. He asked if she needed soap in there. "Yes," she said. (Note to Tadj: A better question would have been, "What is in the washer?") So he helped with the soap. I didn't know about any of this so I was shocked to later find her underwear and several other items of clothing in the dryer. She had even done the laundry transfer all by herself! After talking to Tadj, I was able to unravel the mystery of the clean clothes in the dryer. I guess a girl's gotta do what she can to enjoy her new underwear! She definitely keeps us on our toes.

We love you, Sis! Thanks for giving us so many reasons to smile.

No comments: