Trevor Tadj
Born September 29, 2009 at 6:40pm
8 lbs, 20 inches

The labor and delivery was uneventful which is exactly what I needed after what seemed like an unusually long pregnancy that included extreme tiredness, nausea and other annoyances like shingles, pregnancy induced carpal tunnel (I had no idea such a thing existed), and finally the flu. I was also a little anxious about having a different doctor and delivering at a different hospital.
Some boring details I want to remember so I am writing them here. I was induced at 7:30am on September 29 and by 11:30am I was in active labor with contractions that were between 2 and 4 minutes apart. At 3pm I finally met the anesthesiologist. I don't think I will ever forget the 4 contractions that occurred while getting the epidural. At 5:15 I was dilated to a 6 and I thought I was in for another long labor but when I felt a lot of pressure at 6pm I was surprised to find out I was dilated to a 10. I had to "labor down" (not push) while we waited for my doctor to arrive. Once she arrived, Trevor entered the world in 20 minutes. My doctor was great along with my hospital experience. I don't have any complaints but Tadj missed the "free for all" food pantry at our old hospital.

Kendall is so in love with Trevor and wants to hold him constantly.

Hayden is just thrilled to have a little brother. Trevor looks so much like Hayden but Trevor's head is a lot smaller than Hayden's was at birth. I'll post pics comparing the two one of these days.

Kendall is so in love with Trevor and wants to hold him constantly.

Hayden is just thrilled to have a little brother. Trevor looks so much like Hayden but Trevor's head is a lot smaller than Hayden's was at birth. I'll post pics comparing the two one of these days.

The happy dad.

For the first week and a half Trevor's days and nights were really mixed up. He was active at night in utero so I was expecting that might happen. But I think we finally have it sorted out so I am feeling more like myself after getting some sleep. We are just so thrilled to have him in our family.
5 comments:
Congrats!! He is so cute. I hope the sleep continues:) I can't wait to see him in person.
Congratulations! I've been wondering if we'd be hearing about a newby! He's so handsome- and CRAZY similar to Hayden! How do you produce kids that look so much a like?! Glad to hear everything went smooth and you and Trevor are doing well. Can't wait to see more pics!
p.s. I had carpel tunnel with Kennedy and it was HORRID! I feel your pain. I had to wear those silly braces the whole pregnancy. Ugh.
He is so precious. And that post-birth picture of you and trevor is gorgeous! I have yet to take a pretty post-birth picture. dessert night is tonight if you're feeling up to it!
The pics are wonderful. Happy to hear you are doing well. Hope to see you all soon.
Love you all.
gg
He is so precious Krista, congratulations!!!
Post a Comment