Friday, May 23, 2008
And so it begins...
Blog resistance is futile or so it seems. I should have started a blog years ago because occasionally we do have something to share with our friends and family afar but we just never seem to get around to it. Maybe this will help. I thought a quick list of what we have been up to over the past year or so would be good. Here it goes....A trip to Texas to visit Jess & Nate, accompanied Danny to the MTC in provo (Danny used to live with us in Iss.), visited Montana for Will & Jessie's wedding, then another trip to Utah for a baptism, I had LASIK last September (and loving every minute of the results!), Tadj passed all of his exams and is now officially a CPA (woo-hoo!!), we spent nearly two weeks in Disney World in December having the time of our lives (we took 1000 pictures so the kids will remember it -- literally), we had the usual quick getaways that include boating (one of my faves), and more recently Tadj's church bball team went to Regionals and did pretty well. On Easter I spent some time in the ER with kidney stones. Thats right, plural. One on the left side and one on the right. I passed the ~5mm stone on the right side (8 days of torture) but had a surgical procedure to break up the stone on the left side. I did feel the passing of one of the fragments on the left side but it was only 12 hours of pain instead of 8 days. I am thankful for medical technology and percocet. Our church callings also keep us busy--Tadj is in the YM pres. I've been in the Primary Pres. for almost 3 years and no end in site. ;) I do love being with the primary kids. As for my kids, Hayden started a new Christian preschool last fall that he *loves* and he played on his first (and probably last) soccer team. What coach uses the f?*! word around 4 year olds? I am not a confrontational person but you better believe the coach got a piece of my mind. Long story made short--my kids go to "the little gym" now. A much more wholesome environment! Kendall is a very determined and opinionated little girl. I wonder if she has the "terrible 2s" or if this is just the way she is. We affectionately call her "the beast", a well-earned nickname. Future posts will probably include more pictures than words since I am having a hard time switching over from the technical writing I do at work to more creative and fun writing. Sorry if this post bored you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment