Tadj asked me, "How come every time you get a hobby it causes me work?" It's true and he is still working on building me shelves in the garage for all of the canned food. But I should add that I don't really like canned pears. Those are all for him.Wednesday, September 9, 2009
The fruits of my labor, literally
With my grandma's latest move, I was lucky to inherit a pressure canner. I haven't ever canned before and really wanted to learn so when my friend asked if I wanted to can apricots I was really excited and eager to learn something new. So this summer I canned 15 quarts of apricots (26 lbs), 19 quarts of peaches (40 lbs), 35 quarts of pears, 8 quarts of pear sauce, and 6 half pints of pear baby food (80 lbs), 17 quarts of green beans, 7 pints of blueberry pie filling (15 cups of blueberries), and 18 half pints of triple berry jam (strawberry, raspberry, and blackberry). I also learned how to can pickles and have 1 quart from an enrichment activity. If my family likes home canned pickles I'll do that next year. I also plan to can tomatoes next year. I also learned that canning with friends is a lot more fun than doing it by yourself.
Tadj asked me, "How come every time you get a hobby it causes me work?" It's true and he is still working on building me shelves in the garage for all of the canned food. But I should add that I don't really like canned pears. Those are all for him.
Tadj asked me, "How come every time you get a hobby it causes me work?" It's true and he is still working on building me shelves in the garage for all of the canned food. But I should add that I don't really like canned pears. Those are all for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Krista, that is amazing!! When did you have time to do all this!! I'm so jealous of the fruits of your labors!
Holy Cow! Is this a nesting thing? Where do you find the energy. That is very cool. Haydens party looked very fun. You are so creative.
Wasn't canning fun?!?! Looks yummy!
that is so awesome! I have been canning up a storm too, but not like you! Congrats
Post a Comment