Last Thursday Kendall told me that two of her bottom teeth were wiggly. I didn't believe her until I tested the teeth myself. Sure enough, they were REALLY loose. On Friday we had a short photo shoot so I could capture one last picture of Kendall with all of her baby teeth.
On Saturday night, right before bed, her tooth looked like it would fall out any minute. If we left it there I thought she might swallow or choke on it during the night. With one small push the tooth fell right out. But there was a small problem. The tooth fairy didn't have any cash. There were quarters but someone set a precedent of giving $5 for the first lost tooth. I won't name names but it wasn't me. So Tadj was sent to the grocery store for the money. Meanwhile, Kendall wrote a cute note to the tooth fairy asking if she could keep her first tooth. Here she is examining the tooth.
The tooth fairy wrote back, "Of course" and left the tooth along with $5. As I write this, Kendall is laying in bed waiting for the tooth fairy again ,with the loss of her second tooth today. She bit into a peach and the tooth came right now. Fortunately, the tooth fairy wised up and she will be getting $2.50 for the second tooth (and $1 for each tooth thereafter).


1 comment:
What a cute story! No lost teeth around here yet. Everyday Kennedy tells me "her tooth is loose." Maybe one of these days, she'll actually be right!
Post a Comment