Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Nutcracker

This year my mom, Kendall, and I decided to go to the Pacific Northwest Ballet's Nutcracker. After a month of anticipation the day finally arrived last Saturday. We were excited to have Shirley, Hayley and Katrina join us. We decided to make an entire day of it and started the morning with shopping at Pacific Place and Westlake.


After lunch we rode the monorail to Seattle Center for the ballet.

I thought the ballet was magical. There is no other production of the Nutracker like this one in the world. Here are some pics from before the performance. Below Kendall, Hayley, and Katrina.


Hayley and Kendall showing us their ballet moves.


Mom, Kendall, and me.


It was a great day that ended with a small adventure. When we got to the monorail to head back to the mall it was out of service. No one was wearing shoes for walking back so we had to find a bus that would take us back. After waiting in the cold for what seemed like hours, we managed to find one. It was a relief to make it back to the warm mall for more shopping!

2 comments:

THE CONKS said...

Looks like you all had a great girls day. I can't wait until I can have one of those:)

Heidi said...

Sounds like a really fun day! Cute pictures!